CVPS issued a press release Friday at 5:00pm – http://www.cvps.com/AboutUs/news/viewStory.aspx?story_id=374
- CVPS expects to finish restoration Saturday night.
- Fewer than 800 CVPS customers remain without power.
- Much of what’s left is in areas where roads no longer exist.
- If outage numbers increase beyond this point, they will likely be due to cleanup that requires brief interruptions, or new outages unrelated to the storm.
- If you still do not have power, please call CVPS at 1-800-451-2877, and confirm your outage. However, many customers throughout the state have flood damage to their homes. If a customer’s home or business was flooded, and their electric service panel was affected by water, it has to be examined by a qualified electrician before CVPS can restore service.
(GMP is in a similar situation with approximately 50 outages in Windham County – they issued a press release from August 30.)