This page contains the best available references for small business assistance after a disaster. If you find an error in these, or have something to add or replace one of these, please send it in!
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers – US Senator Bernie Sanders website
- Handout on FEMA process from September 3: BB Handout FEMA Process (79KB PDF)
- Vermont Emergency Management (VEM) Website: http://vem.vermont.gov/
- VT-FEMA Guide to Assistance: VT-FEMA guide_to_disaster_assistance_programs (210KB PDF)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Website: http://www.fema.gov/
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) Website: http://www.sba.gov
- … SBA Hurricane Irene Page: http://www.sba.gov/content/hurricane-irene-recovery-assistance-information
- … SBA disaster loan information and application forms may be obtained by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for people with speech or hearing disabilities) Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm or by sending an e-mail email@example.com. Applications can be downloaded fromwww.sba.gov or completed on-line at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/.
General sites related to assistance and recovery:
- Vermont Economic Development Agency – http://www.veda.org/, (802) 828-5627 – administers Emergency Flood Assistance Program for businesses and farms
- VT Agency of Commerce and Community Development –http://www.dca.state.vt.us/, (802) 828-3211
- VT Department of Labor – http://www.labor.vermont.gov/, (802) 254-4555 (Brattleboro) or (802) 885-2167 (Springfield) – assistance for employers and job-seekers, disaster unemployment assistance